New Parent Support Program
|Monday - Friday||7:00am - 3:30pm|
|Building 645 Rm 106||928.269.2308|
New Parent Support Calendar
Parenting can be a challenge, especially for military families. The demands of transitioning to a new installation, parental absence due to deployments or other military requirements, and being separated from family members and social supports can make adjusting to parenting all the more challenging.
The New Parent Support Program (NPSP) is a professional team of social workers, counselors and registered nurses who provide education and support to Marine families who are expecting or raising children aged 0 -5 years old.
The New Parent Support Program helps families cope with stress, isolation, post-deployment reunions, and the everyday demands of parenthood through a variety of programs including home visits, support groups, and parenting classes.
- Home visits allow Marines and spouses to receive help with their concerns as a parent or parent-to-be in the privacy of their own home. Home visitors provide individualized family support, based on the unique needs of each family.
- Baby boot camp classes are designed to teach the basic skills necessary for providing newborn care.
- Group parenting classes provide “hands-on” information to assist parents in understanding child development.
- Interactive toddler playgroups are designed to teach parents developmentally appropriate play and to help children develop their social, cognitive and motor skills.
- New Parent Support Program provides parenting education on a variety of topics such as pregnancy and health, newborn care, attachment and bonding, infant massage, discipline, child development and toddler care.
New Parent Support is having an Open House!
If you are an eligible military family and have children under the age of 5 years, come on down to Bldg. 645 in room 105 for a fun networking opportunity.
At this open house, new parents will be able to meet the amazing staff behind New Parent Support, enjoy refreshments, socialize with other parents, win prizes, and take home valuable information.
Children are absolutely welcome to attend!
December 6th, 2018
10am - 12pm
Bldg. 645 Room 105
928-269-2308 for more info.