|Monday||7:30am - 4:00pm|
|Tuesday||7:30am - 6:00pm|
|Wednesday||7:30am - 4:00pm|
|Thursday||7:30am - 4:00pm|
|Friday||7:30am - 4:00pm|
|Building 850||Education Center|
Reach Us By Email Below
Expect a response within 24 hours (excluding weekends and holidays)
- Programs & Services
- WEB TA
- Apply for GI Bill
- GI Bill Comparison Tool
- Transfer of Post 9/11 Benefits
Voluntary Education Program Calendar
Tuition Assistance (TA) offers financial assistance to service members who elect to pursue Off-Duty or Voluntary Education. TA will fund up to 100% of institution charges for tuition for high school equivalency, vocational/technical certification, Associate, Baccalaureate, and Master /Professional degrees. Funding will not exceed $250 per semester hour or equivalent with a maximum of $4,500 per individual per fiscal year. TA is not authorized for duplicate degrees or double majors or degrees lower that than currently held by the service member. However, Marines are eligible to obtain one certificate regardless of credentials currently held.
College 101 Orientation
All first time Tuition Assistance users are encouraged to attend a College 101 Orientation. The orientation is offered on a walk-in basis on Fridays from 1000-1130 at the Education Center. The orientation discusses the educational services available to the service member, the steps needed to start taking college classes, and the tuition assistance application process.
Basic TA Requirements:
- Complete the Higher Education Preparation (HEP) course online at jkodirect.jten.mil and bring in the Certificate of Completion to the Education Office*
- Complete the Personal Education Folder (PEF), which is given in the HEP course and take the Kuder Journey Career Assessment online at dantes.kuder.com.
- Schedule an educational counseling session with one of the Education Office’s staff members to review your PEF and career goals.
- Complete Personal Financial Management Course On MarineNET
- Have a minimum GT score of 100 or take the Test of Adult Basic Education and score a 10.2 or higher*
- Only authorized 1 course unless they hold an Associate’s degree or have completed a minimum of 60 college credits with a GPA of 2.5 or higher*
- Eligible for promotion in accordance with MCO 1400.31C CH1 and MCO 1400.32D CH2
- Enlisted Marines must have an EAS of 60 days beyond completion date of course
- Officers using TA must agree to remain on active duty for two (2) years following the completion of the TA funded course. This obligation runs concurrently with any remaining obligated service time
*Required for First-Time TA users
- No outstanding TA debt
- No outstanding grades
- No disciplinary actions pending
- Reimburse all “W”, “D” and “F” grades for undergraduate study and all “W”, “C”, “D”, and “F” grades for graduate study
- Must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0 or higher for undergraduate study and a 3.0 or higher for graduate study
- Marines assigned to MOS school or residential PME (i.e. Staff College, Cpls Course, Sgts Course, Career Course, etc.) are not authorized receipt of TA until they return to their regular or permanent duty.
Web TA Instructions
A Tuition Assistance application must be submitted online via the WEB TA portal https://myeducation.netc.navy.mil. Once the application is completed, it must be submitted via email to the service member’s Officer in Charge (OIC) or Unit Education Officer (UEO). Once the OIC/UEO approves it, the application will be forwarded to the Education Center for approval. If the Education Center approves the application, an email will be sent to the service member to go back to the WEB TA portal to print off their Tuition Assistance Authorization Form. The service member needs to sign their Tuition Assistance Authorization Form and submit it to their school to pay for the course. Click here for step by step instructions.
*Note: The Tuition Assistance Application must be approved by the Command and Education Center before the start date of the student’s course.